Sunday, August 28, 2011

The hurricane, Incision, Hospital & Madison

Well I woke up this morning to pee as usual still having a hard time getting out of bed but that is usual now. I didn't take any pain meds and it was well over the 6 hours. Anyway I went to the bathroom pulled down those horrid face hospital underwear removed the pad that covered my incision and well it wasn't pretty it had a lot more stuff on it in an area I thought was good. So I peed stood up put a new pad over it and suddenly I felt a warm sensation and some salmonish discharge came pouring out onto the floor so I immediately put more pressure on it and was kind of in a freak out mode. Woke up my husband told him what happen and of course he's like oh its probably nothing (because he's freaking out about going out in the hurricane, tropical storm whatever it is) but it was serious enough for me. He's the one who had to clean up the mess on the floor. So we call the on call doctor again he says you can come in or wait like he did yesterday so today I felt I couldn't wait until Monday. So we go in (they said we were expecting you) ha yeah. So I go in get changed into the johnny and the nurse looks at it and says oh you do have a lot going on there so I'm like yeah its gross. I can't really see the incision myself so I have to rely on others. So the doctor comes in and looks at it and agrees with what the nurse says. She takes some q tips and checks the incision so see what parts look good and where the draining is coming from. She says some parts need to be packed in order to heal. So where there was a lot of drainage she kind of clears it with a q tip and it hurts so bad and this is coming from someone with an oddly high pain tolerance. She says she sees some redness and there is obviously pain there so she packs that first and that's when the tears start flooding it was terrible. The other ones I didn't notice but man that was bad. So she sends me home with a different pain med and antibiotics to take for 2 weeks and some hospital dressing which im sure work a hell. Of a lot better than the pads to cover it. So after that we figure since we are at the hospital already we would go up to the NICU to see our Madison. They ended up taking the little tent off her in the incubator now she is just in the incubator no extra coverings. The nurse did say she had a bad morning but she is stable now and has started her second round of meds to get rid of that murmur. She looked fine I hate how they put in the breathing tube with my babies mouth all stretched...ah well. It is day number 9 Madison has been NICU bound and counting.

2 comments:

  1. I understand the CS issues! Pain and ick! But you WILL heal I promise!! I am send you all prayers and hoping for an update again soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) just feels like its never going to end.

    ReplyDelete