Friday, February 24, 2012
...since our last check in. Things have been well...very LOUD in this house. After weeks a countless calls that never got returned we went to Madison's pediatrician and pretty much demanded that her formula be changed because well Madison just wasn't a happy baby at all. I saw smile today I haven't seen in well over a month even if it was a sleep smile. I just don't think her belly was ready to digest that crap so now we have her on a sensitive formula for her belly...we started it lastnight. I'm going to try it for a week and see how she does. So we did the on air interview on the radio Feb. 18th and it went great. They ended up raising $211,000 for the children's hospital, how awesome it that!? The radio DJ said after finishing out montage he started balling...that was so sweet of him to share. I'm glad we got to share our story and that it touched so many people. Prematurity is all too real and is very serious. We started seeing Early Intervention to watch Madison as she grows and to make sure she's meeting her milestones. We also have med students coming over today, I guess her Pedi office referred them to us. Well I can't think of much else to say..oh on a totally unrelated to Madison note I'm thinking of auditioning for The Voice...maybe Hehe. Oh Oh and her surgery is rescheduled for March 2nd.
Friday, February 17, 2012
Well surgery was scheduled for February 15th at 10:00AM but was cancelled because I and everyone else in this house didn't feel like she was too fit for it. She still has a cold and was just extra angry these last few days so the new date is pending. The Radiothon has been going on for a couple days now and our LIVE spot it tomorrow at 3:00PM we are excited! I also emailed the guy who did our montage to see if it was ready and if he could send it to me and he did. And it brought tears to my eyes. You never REALLY hear yourself talking about it unless its recorded and played back what a big difference that makes. Here is a link to it for those of you who are interested. http://www.zshare.net/audio/99090349baf82c38/
Saturday, February 11, 2012
My mother' Madison and I met with the pediatric surgeon and he feels its best that we take care of the hernia now rather then wait until something else happens. This is the same doctor that wanted to wait to do the "exploratory" surgery of Madison's belly to find the perforation..if there was one so I trust him very much so. Those of you who have followed from the beginning know that his call was the right one because she didn't end up needing that surgery. So I have to call on Monday or Tuesday to set up her surgery date. ALSO I've kept Madison off her oxygen more and more so now I'm just waiting to hear when we will get the actual sleep study in order to see when this girl will be off her oxygen totally.
Sunday, February 5, 2012
Well the night before last we called Madison's pediatrician because she seemed to be screaming a bit more than usual and we thought it might be from her hernia. So she told us to go to the ER that night or we can bring her into the office on Saturday...we did NOT want to do the whole ER thing again if it isn't anything so Saturday morning we brought her to the office (an emergency office not her normal Pedi) and they refused to see her...REALLY pissed me off let me tell you. They said we HAD to go to the ER. So we went...after 4ish hours just to be let go. We were told to keep on eye on her hernia and make sure it doesn't get stuck out and that's pretty much it...just keep the appointment with the pediatric surgeons....and really the office doctor could take two seconds to do the same shit.
Thursday, February 2, 2012
So what they found from Madison's ultrasound is this...her right kidney is enlarged still quiet bigger than her left and now she may have a hernia. So we are going to be referred to a pediatric surgeon...seriously. How many surgical consults have we been through in the NICU? They can't even be counted. What can surgery do for an enlarged kidney?! I don't know.