Friday, August 26, 2011

A bit of a scare

Went to go see Madison around 2:00pm today and we got the semi good news about the murmur. It got smaller from the first round of meds but is still there. So they started a second round which we hope will do the job if not we have another round to try then there will be talk of surgery which I hope doesn't need to happen. So when the murmur DOES close it should help with her lungs and they should be able to ween her off the respirator and oxygen a bit better. When I went in I was told they were able to lower her settings a bit which is good so about 10 minutes after hearing that we were told her blood gas wasn't too good (which is normal) so they would have to higher it again but it wasn't d one soon enough. We were standing there when her heart rate dropped significantly and I was on the verge of tears the nurse just walked away and I was begging my husband to get someone and she walked back over. I saw her heart rate go from 150 to the low 100s even dipping to the 70s. The nurse had to go in and reposition her a bit and move her and it took forever but she did get back up where she should. I was just thinking to myself we got this far and I couldn't handle loosing her too. But on a positive note she had another head ultrasound and it came back negative. She is still having a bit of blood in her tube but they said her blood cloying isn't an issue and its not bothering her so that is okay. We still haven't found out much about the mysterious infection that is or isn't...they did put in her PICC line and are going to remove the umbilical cord lines so that infection can be reduced in that area a whole lot. I didn't get to see her eyes earlier being that they were covered and she was under her light so we will be going again in a few hours so I can see what I've been missing.

1 comment:

  1. WOW. I keep praying for you guys. I hope everything will turn out ok. You are very strong. Keep your head up. And keep us updated. I check in everyday and just figured out how to post. Ill be praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete