Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Not sure where I left off

Well as you all know I was admitted into the hospital Thursday to be watched for infection because of the choice I made to keep the stitch in. So friday comes around and we see the doctor and talk about everything over and over again and my husband and I talk and decided we would remove the stitch to lessen risk of infection. That was done and as soon as it came out I was 1cm dilated and was to continue with strict bed rest only bed pan privillages. Which brings us to saturday no contractions no anything. Sunday comes along and the contractions start up getting progressively worse and I asked to be checked even though they were reluctant because of a risk of infection they do so and tell my I'm 5cm dilated with buldging membranes. So through out that day I was given 3 IV shots to take the edge off the contractions and I was checked again around 11:30PM and was told then I was 8cm dilated and I went to bed. Monday comes I was having so contractions no where near as bad as Sundays and I'm checked again 10cm dilated baby was low and his head was at the top of my vagina. So without any contractions because he is so low I should be able to push him out no problem...I pushed for 45 minutes the had his water broken and nothing. I was encouraged to be "normal" get up walk around. Nothing happened that night so bed time came. Now yesterday August 16th marked what my first baby's due date would have been had he/she not died at 6 weeks...weird huh? Well I got up early as I normally would not being home and I felt some discomfort...what I've been feeling but not too regular. This being my first time in labor, I have no clue what to look for. I was having some back pain cramping off and on. I kind of noticed some every 5 minutes but never decided to call the nurse because like the past days its never amounted to anything. So it eventually goes away and I take a walk with my mom and husband to try and rush things along we get back and I go pee I come out and feel something strange in my vagina. I brush if off I have to make a BM a few minutes after which I do I peed also so while wiping there's more blood like there is supposed to be and something isn't right...I get up look in the mirror and its Dexter's umbilical cord coming out. I yell for my husband and he runs out and grabs everyone. That is where this journey started.

No comments:

Post a Comment