Monday, September 26, 2011

Today it happened...

Today, 38 days old before getting moved into the portable incubator.
...i watched as Madison was unplugged, switched to the transportable incubator. I watched as they disconnected her from her vent and oxygen as the rushed to try and hook her back up, but the piping was too short so they had to bag her for a few seconds and I started tearing up. In no time they had her all hooked up again and things were cool. It was right then I decided I wanted to be there with her tonight if I could. It all comes down to the hospital having a room for us tonight with their "one bed" bull. Just a night wouldn't then we would go to the hotel the next two nights. So they took her away and by the time we left the NICU so was nowhere to be found. The nurse I LOVE said when ever she goes to Boston I will go with her (so very sweet of her). She is having surgery and will be out for a couple months so she didn't even need to come in and do this but she did. So we started driving out of the hospital and saw the ambulance she is in start to take off and I started crying a bit not so much as balling but when your eyes start to water and tears fall...that kind of thing. I hurt not being there : /

For those of you who always wondered "What does this Madison look like anyway? Here are a few photos from the beginning until now.
August 19th, 5 hours after birth midnight August 20th


9 days old

12 days old

2 weeks

3 weeks

4 weeks 5 days

 



3 comments:

  1. she's so beautiful!! <3 I love her beautiful eyes looking at you in that last photo, just precious!

    if you are in Boston and need anything at all, please feel free to get in contact (rachelj@gmail.com) - I'm here in town and have been following your story as a December 2011 mama

    lots of love and prayers for your little one's continued progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is beautiful i have been checking everyday for updates :) i will continue to pray

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for her. She is precious. I lost my little girl two weeks ago after she was born at 25 weeks. I am so hopeful for you and your little miracle. I pray that God continues to watch over her and continues to give you and your husband the strength to keep strong.

    ReplyDelete