Wednesday, September 14, 2011

And we wait.

First of all I want to thank you all for your comments, thoughts and prayers. After talking with the doctors to try and understand the situation a bit more with putting the drain in her tummy they did complete their goal of removing the infections from her blood by draining whatever was in there and the proof was in her negative blood cultures. The next goal is to get this belly thing fixed. They did irrigate her belly again and the fluid came out clear, which is good and they are hoping whichever puncture it came out of hopefully has sealed itself up. They also made sure I knew that before she gets better it will get worse. So I'm hoping the whole belly looking worse is it. The nurse and doctors also failed to let my husband and I know that they hear the heart murmur again...I wish I would've known then. They can't do one more round of meds or surgery on it because of the state she is in with her belly. It seems once there are somethings out of the equation others seem to work their way in. I also found out while her oxygen settings are low her vent is high...had no clue about that. The important thing is with all this she hasn't crashed or become horribly visibly sick which is a good sign, I will hold on to that. So we wait and hope the belly will fix itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment