Monday, September 5, 2011

I never did get that call from the lactation consultant. But while we were visiting Madison the nurse got in touch with one and of course there was only one there because of the holiday so she couldn't come up and see me but I did get a chance to talk to her over the phone. She suggested I'd try massaging my breasts...which I do before I pump...and nada. She said I could try mother's milk tea, which I haven't yet seeing as I'm not a big tea fan so I chose to try funugreek. I figured I really don't have to worry about tasting those so why not give it a try. I picked some up today. She also said I could ask my doctor for a prescription I think she called reglan...so I will on Wednesday when I get my lovely incision checked out. I also did order the smaller breast shields which I hope works out. Kind of sad the hospitals don't carry the smaller size...but have mini things for preemie babies go figure. Well anyways we saw Madison he belly swelling seems to be going down some. There was a blood culture that did come back negative and some other blood tests showed her white blood cell count up a bit so no huge changes but we definitely know she's fighting something. I was told they had to bag her last night and this morning which kind of worries me a bit. For those of you who don't know what that means its when they have to manually pump air into her lungs without the use of the machines. Scary stuff but she seemed okay while we were there for the most part. Her heartrate did go down drastically at one point but the nurse removed some fluid that was in her tube and she was fine after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment