Friday, September 2, 2011

Stone accomplished, sorta.

We got up early today to get Dexter's stone situated. The phrase we originally wanted on the stone didn't fit on the small piece we have to work with. We came up with "never forgotten, always remembered as the little boy called to heaven." So we ended up having to shorten it to "never forgotten, always remembered," and there will be a little boy angel in the clouds in the corner of the stone. It is pretty black granite. But of course since there wasn't a set date with the funeral home there cemetery has no record of Dexter which means the stone orders can't be through. So we have by September 15th for the stone orders but the Dexter needs to be buried before the stone can even be set. So everything is in rush mode...but what isn't these days. Atleast they have what I want and it is paid so once things are together everything can get going quick. Overall I didn't have too bad of a day. After that was done the nurse came. I didn't even think about pumping so I didn't pump until after 2pm today and I got my usual bits. We went to go see Madison not much of a change oxygen went up slightly, usual. She had to get one of the IVs in her taken out and instead put one in her poor head but it doesn't seem to be bothering her. She had her eyes closed the whole time but was moving around like crazy, so I took a little video of her but of course she doesn't move as much as she was not being recorded. The male nurse asked me how pumping was going and I told him the truth. He said I need to relax more and pump every two hours...how is that even possible? Its like as soon as I leave the house we have to go back home to pump before we leave again. Its hard for someone who's been on bed rest for 2 months to stay home for really relax for that matter. It seems the more I pump the less I get. Why is this so difficult? I mean maybe it would be easier if she were home because as soon as she were hungry I would feed her, but knowing your really not feeding its awkward to be doing it like that.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry. I've been following your story and hoping for the best. We lost a son at 23.5 weeks and have been through that process of picking out an urn and sitting in the funeral home. It was terrible. Our son was carried by our gestational surrogate (I had severe postpartum complications after the son that I delivered) so we missed his birth and death while in transit. I feel very guilty about that. We are expecting our Dec. baby also via surrogate and I am on a lactaction protocol/adoptive breastfeeding, so if breastfeeding really is what you want there are ways (www.asklenore.org). But I am realistic with my expectations and formula is perfectly fine. Try not to be so hard on yourself as you have been through so much in a short amount of time! Thinking of you and your babies.

    ReplyDelete