Friday, September 30, 2011

Wow...

So today started as a nice venture to ihop to get our grub on. We invited the husbands grandmother, mom and brother and the plan after eating was to go visit pretty eyes :) so we both go in first to get an update. Turns out the contrast hasn't moved at all and that means no pooping either so now they are talking surgery. They will reasses that tomorrow, if they want to when, where and how. Then the nurse was talking about kangaroo care and saying how its good for the baby and all and I was like yeah I've heard. So after about 10 minutes she was like I want you to do it and I'm thinking ummm...sure. She is like if you want to we like it to be for an hour so I was like okay, thinking to myself this isn't going to last at all. So they plan was while I'm kangarooing we would let his grandmother in and switch to mom. So I get in my gown walk over and sit. The nurse brings down the side of the incubator picks her up has the other nurse follow her with the wires and the nurse puts her on my chest she was so warm and I could cry. I felt her little hands grabbing at my chest and her little head moving, then as soon as it came I hear she's extubated in a concerned void and I'm like what does that mean they grab her put her in her incubator calls over one of the respiratory people her stats went up and it turns out she wasn't extubated (breathing tube came out). I figured it was that her tube got moved which messed up her stats but it turned out she was good. The experience was nice until my heart sunk. I thought her heart stopped or she wasn't breathing. It was bitter sweet. Well the sweet part comes first :) I' starting a baby book for her I will post pictures eventually. I'm also going to start selling customs baby books on ebay too :)

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you got to hold her finally. I bet that was the best feeling ever. I am hope you get to hold her again soon.

    Btw, the word you are looking for is "extubated". :)

    ReplyDelete