Monday, October 17, 2011

Two missed calls.

The past few days have pretty much blended into each other. I started work on friday. Woke up at 4:45AM to be to work for 6:00AM and got out at 6:30PM. The first couple days weren't so bad but Sunday went on forever. It was so slow and my hands and shoulder were killing me from not doing that work in a long time. Ah well it is over now which leaves me time to update you all. Yesterday while grabbing my phone after waking up it says two missed called and a voicemail, 6 hours ago from no other place but the NICU. I was like ummm. So a doctor left a message saying we had to intubate your daughter again because she needed more support than what the cpap was giving her. It suspected that she may have pneumonia so antibiotics was started the night before last. Ugh as if I need more shit added to Madison's list. All that right before going to work, stressful day much? On top of that I can't remember when but its when I took a pee break I decided to check my phone and guess who it was NICU again so I was really worried. Listen to the message that said "you need to call us back right away," now what would you think in that situation? well my heart stoled and I started shaking. So I call "hi NICU," I say "hi this is Cecelia I was told to call back right away," she says "oh yes! Let me transfer you to so and so," "okay." And she finally picks up "hi so we just needed a consent for blood." Really all that and that couldn't be said in a voicemail... Well after I got out of work we went to go see her I life up the blanket on her incubator as I always do and there it was...something I've never seen before. She has a MASSIVE head! I say to my husband..."is this the wrong baby? Did they switch them?" Haha I was kind of serious but wow two days makes a difference. It really is big it went from a pear to like a small pumpkin size. And her little ears aren't so big and fit nicely with her massive head Haha. She looks so different. I have no clue where her eyebrows went and her forehead grewwww. Haha but wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment