Monday, October 10, 2011

Extubated...

On purpose thus time. They removed Madison's breathing tube the night before last because she was doing so well in the low setting and her blood gas were coming back great. So they had her on nasal oxygen only and eventually switched her to room air and was doing great. We got to see her little face finally and she is adorable! Unfortunately a little while after we left they had to ad the vent back (still on relatively low setting) because she got tired from doing everything on her own but the good this is she isn't intubated again, its still through her nose. Atleast we know she is capable of doing it, it will just take some getting used to but I am proud of her :) and I'm sure they ail try once again. On a crappy note (for me atleast) I am to return to work on friday...boo! With my nursing hours. Am I a nurse? Nope but I have their hours ha. 6:00AM - 6:00PM friday - Sunday oh joy! But in the end I suppose it would be good for Madison when she comes home being that I will have Monday through Thursday off. I just wish I had more time and we weren't struggling with money issues otherwise I probably wouldn't go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment