Monday, October 24, 2011

Not now.

So not surgery isn't going to happen. For now atleast. The 4 to 6 weeks after her belly drain was put in would be the 27th but it is called off for now. Last week when I saw her I believe on Monday the nurse was like oh on the 15th or 16th Madison had a large bowel movement...and I was like no one told me! Now that is good news seeing as she hasn't gone in atleast 6 weeks. Well now its obviously have been a bit since then but that is good we are all hoping it will continue that way but who knows. Anyways the surgeons think she is still too small and want to wait it out. Her stomach measurement have been reading at around 24cm as she's been gaining weight. Yesterday she got up to 2lbs 9ozs and her belly measurement was near 21cm which is good too. She is back on low oxygen. Last night while I was there they put her at 23 oxygen and the vent was set at 16. Those were close to the settings she was at when they decided to take out her breathing tube...hopefully she will handle it better when they take it out again. Also I forgot to mention the night before last Madison has been getting even more active with moving her head a lot and pulled out her breathing tube "ah." They tried to keep it out and see how she would do but her heartrate got too low I guess and they re intubated her. They also highered her caffeine they thing she was out growing the smaller dose so this will hopefully help when the time comes. The hubby starts electrical school today which leave me home. So I'm hoping I can get back to sleep for a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment