Tuesday, November 29, 2011

On the road to home we go...

but who knows exactly how long that will take. Madison is a 38 weeker
That TINY thread was thee oh so famous PICC line.
meaning her due date is in exactly 2 weeks from today. Her PICC line was removed yesterday and I was there to witness it. It literally looked like a thread, which was going into a major artery right above her heart. This morning around 6:30AM she was moved to CCN and its so different there. Everything seems a bit more quiet and no so fast paced. There were a few dings here and there but even then it seemed really calm. I went in for 3:00PM to do her usual feeding and they had already fed her. She took 18ccs and the rest down her tube. I was a bit upset because I woke the hubby up from his nap to rush and get down there to feed her and it was already done. The nurse did say to me she was up and looking for a bottle so I guess it was good they are trying to do it on her time more so than on an exact schedule. She is making me a bit nervous lately. When I've held or or my husband holds her after a while her heart rate drops a bit and her O2 levels and she sometime self corrects it and she seems good and it happens again then I get freaked out and I put her back in her bed and shes better. Last night I was holding her and she was acting up and her was dinging for a while and there was a nurse near by and didn't even turn around to see if she was okay. She was dipping into the 50s for her O2 level which should be 91+ and she didn't come over until I was like "Her oxygen is really low," and she was like "Oh shes coming up." By then she was in the 80s still dinging and shot back down to the lower 70s still dinging so I put her back, and I could have sworn her lips looked a bit blue to me. How am I going to know whats happening when we go home? Or if she is home on oxygen and a monitor how will I even enjoy being home with her when I'm just going to stare at her monitor making sure everything is going okay.




2 comments:

  1. glad to hear of her transition. One of my sons had the same problem with desats. He came home on an apnea monitor. It showed his heart and breathing rates. It was a little rectangular box in a case with a shoulder strap. You hook the leads to his body (3 stickies) then plug it in the box. The leads look exactly like the ones that are on her now. If something was to happen and the heart rate or breathing rate drops an alarm goes off, its really LOUD. I then had to attach the phone line to it and a nurse would call and download the information from the box.

    Glad to hear the PIC line is out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just don't ever want to be in that situation but only time will tell.

    ReplyDelete