Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Infant CPR

My husband and I had our Infant CPR class and it is really scary thing to think about, being your child in that position let alone your premature child who fights for her life daily...but I can say I am somewhat prepared...can't say how I would handle things in that situation but hopefully I can react when needed. The dolls we used to practice were huge. I was telling the nurse they should have preemie dolls to use. We went over the proper way to give CPR to an infant and how to check is he/she is responsive and what to do in either case. We also went what to do if your child is choking and what not. It was a lot to take in and I hope I'm never in that situation. One of the nurse managers came up to me today after class while I visited Madison for a few and said she had a few vouchers given to her for a free night at a bed & breakfast that is across the street from the hospital and I thought it was the sweetest thing! We will surely take her up on the offer a free night alone outside of our house and next to our daughter who is only a hop, skip and a jump away. We just have to figure out when exactly. We ended up getting all the couches out of here and a dresser now we have some cabinets we have to unpack and clean up a bit. we have our bed another dresser, a TV, stand, and my computer to get out of here and we should be set...I can't wait until its all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment