Friday, December 2, 2011

All the December Babies are appearing

11 days from today would have been the twins' due date. I would have loved to know what pregnancy would have been like past 23 weeks. Up until 23 weeks I had no issues (aside from my cervical issues and random bleeding episodes). I didn't have any pain, only threw up once I was just careful and didn't have much of anything to complain about. Now all the December mommies are having their December babies and I missed out on it all. But let me tell you I am wiser. Even though I am sad I didn't get to enjoy my pregnancy or have the opportunity to do the things every pregnant women does. I had the opportunity to witness something more amazing that not many women get to. I saw my baby develop before my eyes. Madison had paper thin skin, no ears but a holes in her head for them, no butt just her anus, her eyes were still fused shut, no nipples or eye lashes. Then all of a sudden things changed in the matter of 2 weeks and she looked completely different then when she was born and her eyes started to open. She went from not being able to handle any kind of touch to keeping her levels where the should be when I or my husband would touch her. She went from kicking around a bit with her eyes shut most of the time to being very alert, looking around while bottling and being content. Everyone talks about new born photos but I've been taking photos of her since she was 23 weeks 3 days, 100+ days ago...to me that is when she was newly born. She has been through everything and she doesn't even know it. One day she will read my posts if she is at all interested in how she got here and how hard she fought to stay. She makes me so proud everyday.

2 comments:

  1. i know just how you feel. my due date was 12/17/11 but unfortunately she came via emergency c section at 32 weeks 2 days. she just stopped kicking and when they took her on oct 25th she lived for 8 hours of struggling and just couldnt fight. she passed on the 26th of oct. i have been following this page since before you put it up really. i talked to you on another website. a fertility website. it was fertilethoughts or ivf-fertility.com i cant remember. my name on there was either cherry5. or 1moreplease but anyway looks like you got a fighter on your hands and on the road to recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fertilethoughts. Thank your for finding me and following and especially sharing your story it means a lot. It isn't easy and no one will ever know the pain of losing a child unless it happens to them and I wouldn't wish that on the worst person. Thank you for commenting. All this just goes to show there is no "safe point," in pregnancy because anything can happen at any point. If you ever want to talk you know where to find me.

    ReplyDelete