Thursday, July 14, 2011

My History

We've struggled with infertility for about a year give or take and with the help of IVF we concieved our first baby only to lose it at 6 1/2 weeks because its developement and heart just stopped. we had a D&C January 7th. After two months of waiting we decided to have another go and had 2 frozen embryos transfered in May and they both took. at about 5 weeks and on I had bleeding off and on but the babies looked good through it all. First trimester scan was great. Then I had a bleeding and cramping episode a few days into the 14th week, where  I was told babies are good but you are 1cm dilated. so I had a follow up with the perinatal doctor where I was told length looked great it was 3 1/2cm and that they didn't find any dilation. My 8 day follow with my ob's ultrasound tech showed bad results. My cervix went down to 1.2cm in 8 days with a lot of funneling. So started the questions and what to dos. So I was immediately sent back to the perinatal doctor where they confirmed their results. Now begins my struggle to keep them in.
    At 16 weeks 1 day after being at the hospital overnight we had a cerclage placed and was told to be on strict bedrest for the remainder of the pregnancy with weekly cervical length checks to follow and weekly progesterone shots to try and prevent preterm labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment