Friday, December 28, 2018

Hello Second Trimester

I am 14 weeks 2 days today. On Wednesday the day AFTER Christmas after being at work only an hour I felt terrible enough to leave and get into the doctor's office. I was diagnosed with the damn FLU. Being pregnant there really isn't a whole lot of things you can take. Thankfully I can take Tamiflu and Tylenol for the fever. I am actually feeling a bit better today.

I met with my MFM doctor yesterday because that was the deciding factor or whether or not to go through with the cerclage or keep a close eye on things. After the consult we decided to keep an eye on things. I am really hoping that since it has been so long between pregnancies and there is only a singleton this time my cervix will work in my favor.

It measured 3.5cm last week and 3.4cm this week so no huge differences which was a huge relief.
(I think the measurements from the 12 week scan may have been off) So we decided to do another check in 2 weeks and I can only hope for the same outcome. During this appointment the doctor wanted to check out the pathology report on the twins' placentas and they both tested positive for infection. I am now finding this out 7 years later and who knows how the infection got there. Was it because my cervix started to open or did infection cause the opening? Or was it the first cerclage, or the second? I'll never know but that is a scary thing to think about.

This whole flu thing is making me extra nervous for baby but cervix looked find and baby had a good heart rate of 150, also it looks like it might be a little boy! They will verify the gender in 2 weeks when I go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment