Monday, January 21, 2019

Made an INBETWEEN Appointment

On Friday, and days before I was feeling a lot of pressure, so Friday morning a made a point to call my MFM's office and see if an ultrasound could be scheduled to make sure my cervix didn't decide to act up. They fit me right in thankfully, they more than anyone knows what can happen in mere days never mind almost two weeks.

I was a nervous wreck, as usual. I went in she checked baby's heart rate abdominal, snapped a cute profile photo for me and went in vaginally to check my cervix. So took quite a few measurements and for the first time she took one with applied pressure. I haven't had that with this pregnancy until that day.

All measurements taken were within the 3cm range. I was also surprised that my largest measurement taken over 4cm with with pressure applied, I'll say it one more time...WITH PRESSURE APPLIED. Usually, from experience with my last pregnancy that is when the cervix will change such as displaying funneling and a shortened cervix, in my case that did not happen, thankfully. The ultrasound tech made a point to say "baby is right there" meaning right on my cervix which is most likely causing all the pressure. His big ole 5oz noggin!

All my measurements ranged between 3.6cm - 4cm+ which in the doctor's eyes meant NO CHANGE from last week. I left SO happy and knew that I would be able to relax over the weekend up until my Level II on Thursday, Jan 25th. Here is to hoping Thursday I will be hearing that baby is growing well and everything looks great. Just 6 weeks and a few days until I surpass my last pregnancy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment