Thursday, August 16, 2012

Dexter

Madison visiting Dexter
A year ago today I gave birth to my first born. At 2:48PM August 16th 2011 a 23 weeker came into this world weighing 1lb 4ozs. As soon as he came into this world he left. In his rememberence we released butterflies just as we did at his funeral. The only difference this time is that it was Madison's first time being at Dexter's grave and it was bittersweet. We had Madison hold a heart balloon and let it go when she felt the need and she had perfect timing. Each day never seems to get easier but I live with it. I didn't know I could feel so much for a person I've only had the chance of meeting for a couple hours before leaving a hole in my heart. Here are a few pictures I'd like to share.

1 comment:

  1. i ran across your blog. I wanted to say it gets better never goes away. I have former 25 weeker surviving triplets. We lost our one son at 14 days old. Each year little easier. But someday's the pain is horrible. I am told time easier the pain, but never goes away. Your daughter is beautiful enjoy your little micro preemie. They are miracles.

    ReplyDelete