Sunday, November 25, 2012

Mail

It's that time of year. Open enrollment for insurance and everything between. Totally fine with me except my former employer is changing their insurance and that is NOT good. NOT good meaning it doesn't cover any type of infertility treatment...that means I can never have another child unless I'm a millionaire. That totally breaks my heart.

Second piece of mail about a week later is about my 3 embryos  Their two year free freeze is coming to an end. I can choose to donate my embryos to couples, science or pay a monthly fee. Now the monthly fee is no where on this paper. I don't want anyone else to have my potential child(ren) and I'm not going to let them arrest. I want to pay this monthly fee but I can only imagine how much it is.

4 comments:

  1. Can't you have them transferred before the insurance changes? If you are ready that is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would too if we were ready to go through it again. We aren't even back in our own place yet :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Id say do it! you will be pregnant for a few months (hopefully 40 weeks :-) ). That way you can still have more children. cuz you always find a way to make things work once they are here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really would love to! If it happened on it's own well then there wouldn't be much I could do about it but I don't have the finances to pay for the meds that go with preparing my body for transfer. I'm not working right now and I'm planning for school in the spring.

    ReplyDelete