Monday, April 9, 2012

So yeah..

We had a bit of running around yesterday. The original plan was for my mom, dad, husband, baby and I to visit Dexter at the cemetery then go to the hospital and see my father in law. That didn't happened my parents had their issue so just the hubby and I went...too cold for the baby to go out unfortunately. My mom had us take along a plant to give to him and a card. The hubs had his card and I got a card for him saying "Grandpa," from Madison. I thought it would be a cute idea to add her scribbles into it. I took one of the photos with her next to the bunny and put "Happy Birthday Grandpa," on it and gave him a picture of her. Tears were shed (because of the hubby's card) and cake was eaten. It was a bittersweet moment.
Well I don't think I've mentioned this before but hubby and I are taking a well needed vacation. We've never had a "real" vacation together meaning no longer then two days in a hotel and a walk on the beach, never had a honeymoon or really any money to do anything for ourselves. I feel like after all we've been through we could use some getaway time. SO my parents offered to watch Madison for a week (I'm already having separation anxiety) and we don't leave until Saturday. Anyway its a 7 day cruise leaving from New York to Florida and the Bahamas. I was excited 3 weeks ago when I booked it now I'm just nervous about leaving her...I'm cool with my parents having her overnight and the hubs and I go out for 5 hours at a time but this is totally different now. We don't have passports so if there were an emergency we can't get back home or could afford to so now everything that could go wrong is popping u p on the brain. The calls on board are ridiculous $7.95 for a call home off the ship, Oh and that's PER MINUTE! $0.50 cents a TEXT out on my cell phone even though I have unlimited.

It is bad I told my husband we need a "Titanic Plan..."

No comments:

Post a Comment