Monday, February 25, 2019

Exhausting

Where do I even begin?
I was released from my MFM to my OB on Monday, February 18th. It wasn't the appointment I hoped for. I brought my daughter along thinking I'd get a final look over meaning checking by ultrasound that placement of the cerclages were good, a final check of the cervical length and to make sure baby's fluids were good where they should be.

What I got was a nurse practitioner asking how I felt, and that I wouldn't be seeing my doctor because he was out on vacation or any doctor because there would be no exam done unless I had a concern. I did, I wanted my discharged checked to make sure all was normal. So the on call doctor came in and she checked my discharge all was normal and my stitches looked good. I expressed my concern about a final ultrasound check and I was refused one so I left pretty angry and hurt due to my history.

Fastforward to Thursday at about 3am I get up to pee with a pretty good soreness in my bladder. I go to work and it doesn't let up I end up cramping off and on all day with no relief after peeing. I leave work a little early to see my OB, at this point the pain really isn't there too much but I keep my appointment. They take my urine, do a speculum exam and tell me that my cervix and stitches look fine and I'm free to leave.

Around 7pm is where the pain hit me again and it's rolling pain come between 3 and 4 minutes apart. I call my OB after hours for the on call OB and get her opinion. I tell her about my symptoms and my visit earlier and she instructs me to go to L&D. They would be able to get a fast turn around on my urine to see if anything is up. I go down and give my urine, after waiting a while the doctor comes in and states there is nothing much they could for my cramping or anything due to me being so early at 22 weeks they wouldn't do anything to help me or save my baby (which is bullshit since the NICU works on 22 weekers). They perform a speculum exam again and all looks good to them. My urine comes back fine and I'm free to go without any explanation or solution.


No comments:

Post a Comment